Answers to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)



Are Burland Ranchettes, Burland Meadows and Trails West the same? 
No, they are three separate subdivisions. The Burland Homeowners Association relates to property owners in Burland Ranchettes. However, we are all neighbors and the residents of adjacent communities are more than welcome to become associate members of the Burland Homeowners Association.


Is the the Burland Homeowners Association the same as the Burland Civic Association? 
We were originally incorporated as the Burland Civic Association. But in 2004 we changed our name to the Burland Homeowners Association, which more clearly conveys who we are and what we are about.


Are the fishing ponds on Deer Creek open to all Burland residents? 
No, the ponds are a separate entity which area residents may use by paying a membership fee. Contact Burland Recreational Association at the ponds.


What can be done about the condition of the roads in this subdivision? 
All road issues should be brought to the attention of Park County Road and Bridge (719-836-4277) or Commissioner Amy Mitchell - 719-836-4210 Cell: 719-838-0340, Dick Elsner - 719-836-4209 Cell: 719-839-0466, Ray Douglas - 719-836-4211 Cell: 719-839-1698.


Who can I contact to report a possible covenant violation or other problem in the community? 
Send an email to


What can we do about speeders on Burland roads? 
Our Homeowners Association has worked with the Park County Sheriff's Department to increase patrols in our subdivision. Road and Bridge has installed additional speed limit signs in some areas. It is important for all residents to drive safely and obey traffic laws.  If you observe speeders, report them to the Sheriff’s Department.


How can residents work together to achieve common goals? 
If you haven't already done so, join the Homeowners Association and come to meetings to share your concerns and help make decisions. We also encourage all Burland residents to come to our annual Burland picnic held every July.

How should residents deal with barking dogs?
Short periods of barking or barking at wildlife are understandable; they also could be in danger of predators, or have been abandoned by their owner, so we would suggest that all these things be taken into consideration.  We also believe that after 20 minutes, it does become a nuisance to others and should be reported and/or investigated for whatever reason.   See these steps for suggestions on how to respond. 

Do you rent out your home?
Regarding your renters (long-term renters, VRBO & Airbnb)
Park County regulations cover you and your renters. You are ultimately responsible if your renter breaks the law. The mountains have rules that renters may not be aware of if they are from the city.
Inform them of these rules when you rent to them for your safety and for the safety of your neighbors.  Rules

Does the Burland Homeowners Association assist with installation of Security Mailboxes?

Yes.  Complete instructions and reimbursement guidelines are available here.